We now provide stunning, frame-by-frame conversions to a High Def (HD) digital format and are one of the only companies in the entire state of Minnesota that has this state of the art equipment to provide this service. We take your old 16mm film and transfer to HD so that it can be played in beautiful high definition format on your big screen HDTV. We can convert any of your old 8mm and 16mm home movies into high quality HDTV ready digital files. Call us today at 800-860-7021 to find out all the different film and home movie formats that we are able to convert.
HD Pro Film Transfer
8mm, Super 8 and 16mm films are scanned to high definition MP4 files.
$29.95 setup charge plus $0.32 per foot. Setup includes film cleaning, splicing, and creation of the progressive frame digital files.
For example, a 3″ (50 ft) reel costs $16 in addition to the $29.95 setup cost.
- For Super 8 sound and 16mm magnetic sound add $0.10 per foot.
- We hand-clean film and repair sprockets
- Transfer includes entire film frame, no cropping
- Files are frame accurate at 16, 18 or 24 fps
- Full 1080 x 1920 px — 16:9 ratio digital files
- ISO certified and MAC + PC compatible
- .Mp4 files are much smaller in file size. They are easier to play & edit on PC’s, and optimized for sharing on the internet. They are still 1,080 HD and look similar to the original, but they are not considered to be archival. With this option customer receives uncompressed files, plus the compressed .mp4 files for ease of use and distribution.