8mm, Super 8 & 16mm Movie and Film Transfer to HD
We now provide stunning, frame-by-frame conversions to a High Def (HD) digital format and are one of the only companies in the entire state of Minnesota that has this state of the art equipment to provide this service. We take your old 16mm film and transfer to HD so that it can be played in beautiful high definition format on your big screen HDTV. We can convert any of your old 8mm and 16mm home movies into high quality HDTV ready DVDs or BluRay disks upon request. Call us today at 800-860-7021 to find out all the different film and home movie formats that we are able to convert.
HD Pro Film Transfer
- Image captured off emulsion side of film using CMOS sensor
- Scanned in HD - 1,920 X 1,080 – 16:9 screen ratio
- transfer includes entire film frame, no cropping
- Hand-clean film and repair sprockets
- Scan in HD, output to 1,080 uncompressed .AVI video files (Motion-JPEG codec)
- Customer takes home the uncompressed files at no additional cost. Files are transferred to customer hard drive. We can purchase one for customer if desired.
- Uncompressed .AVI files will be output to Video DVD’s or BluRay disks, up to two hours per disk. Cost is $30 per DVD, $45 per BluRay
- .Mp4 files are much smaller in file size. They are easier to play & edit on PC’s, and optimized for sharing on the internet. They are still 1,080 HD and look similar to the original, but they are not considered to be archival. With this option customer receives uncompressed files, plus the compressed .mp4 files for ease of use and distribution. Cost is $45 per hour of film (approx. 800 ft)
SD Pro Film Transfer
- Image capture off emulsion side of film using CMOS sensor
- Scanned in HD - output to SD files (.dv codec)- 640 X 480
- cropping on left and right edges of film frame
$0.24 per foot (add $0.10 for Super8 sound)
Remaining options are the same as above. Ouput to BluRay is not available with SD files. Recompression to .mp4 is available.